Now that Thanksgiving has passed and December is around the corner, the anticipation for Christmas officially begins! What better way to get through the days until then than with this DIY Lid Advent Calendar filled with daily surprises?
Whether it’s with lids, tupperware, or any other household container, you can easily recreate this festive hack to celebrate the season. Customize each “day” with its own retro holiday look with just a touch some craft paper, washi tape, and marker. Decorate your fridge with the completed calendar and watch as your kids have fun counting down to Christmas!
Lid Advent Calendar
- Assorted lids
- Spray paints
- Tacky glue
- Assorted craft papers
- Assorted washi tape
- Assorted presents (toys, notes of affirmation, candies, etc.)
- Assorted rubber bands
- Spray paint your lid with desired color. Let dry.
- On the bottom of the lid, use tacky glue to attach a magnet. Let dry.
- Using a pencil, trace lid shape onto craft paper then cut it out.
- Decorate the cut-out with washi tape then glue inside of the lid.
- For the lid cover, trace lid shape onto craft paper. Cut out a 1/2 inch wider version of the traced shape.
- Cut snips all around the shape — with a length from the outer edge of the cut out right up to the lid tracing.
- Using a marker, decorate the cover with a cool number design.
- Add present inside of lid then add the cover over it.
- Bend the cover snips down then secure placements by adding rubber bands around the edge of the lid.
- Repeat for the remaining days in the advent calendar. Enjoy!
Article Posted 5 mins Ago